Win an Exclusive Cave Experience!
Feeling creative? As part of our ‘Year of Discovery’ we’re launching a nationwide competition to design your own cave carving!
When people carved the cave originally, they used symbols and figures that represented their world and beliefs at that time. And we want you to do the same.
Imagine you were building the cave today. What would you include? Submit a design for a brand new carving which captures and represents you, your beliefs, and the world in which you live.
There’s no age limit, and it can be of any subject and drawn in any style with any media.
Allow your creativity to run free!
The winner will receive an exclusive Royston Cave giveaway:
- A special private tour of the cave, for you and your family
- An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the cave artefacts in Royston Museum's store
- A bundle of Cave publications and merchandise
- Your winning carving made in clay
The competition closes at midnight on Friday 19th August. The winner will be announced the following week. Submit your entries to email@example.com.
Ts & Cs
- This competition is open to everyone and is free to enter.
- Designs should be submitted as high-quality scans or photographs.
- Your entry must be original and entirely your own work. Your entry must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- If the winner is under 18 they will require an adult to accompany them when claiming their prize.
- A maximum of two entries per person is allowed.
- The winning design will be decided both on concept and outcome. Royston Cave's decision is final.
- When submitting your entry, you must provide your name, age and address, or, if under 18, the details of your parent or guardian. We will not share your personal details with any third parties. Your contact details are to be used for prize-giving purposes only. Your name will be used when sharing your work.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries lost or not received.
- The winner will be notified accordingly. If the winner does not respond within two weeks, an alternative winner will be chosen.
- No cash alternative for any prizes will be offered.
- Royston Cave is not responsible for any costs incurred by the winner when claiming their prize, including food and travel costs.
- The winner may be required to partake in media activity relating to the competition.
- You will retain copyright of your design. By entering this competition, you grant Royston Cave a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish and use that content any where, in any way, at any time. This may include, without limitations, on our website and social media accounts, or in publications and media. Any content you submit may be kept, edited, cropped or otherwise modified by Royston Cave, at Royston Cave’s discretion.